We’ve had our app out for a while now and we're pleased to say that it’s continually in the top 100 apps in New Zealand! Since being launched, some of you have kindly made suggestions as to how we can improve it and finally we’re pleased to say that we’re going to be able to deliver some of things you’re after.
We’ve done once maintenance update already which consisted of improvements to the design such as:
- We’ve changed the way you add a ticket number to align with how most other apps add items. This means the ‘+’ icon has shifted up to the top right hand corner of the app
- The CourierPost phone number is now a two tap process to ensure you don’t call us accidentally. If you don't have an iPhone then the phone button now just displays our phone number when you tap it
- We’ve increased the amount of space available on the detail screen so that long ticket status descriptions can be shown completely
- If you don’t fill in the ticket description field then we’ll fill it automatically filled with the ticket number whereas before we used to fill empty ticket descriptions with the current date and time
We've also added some new functionality for senders:
- Instead of having to manually enter in your ticket number, the app turns your camera into a barcode scanner, automatically entering the ticket number into the app
- A new button is added so that you can share the ticket number with the person you're sending your item to by either emailing or texting them
We have a few more updates planned so for those that have the app you'll get the update coming through when it's ready. If you're not using our CourierPost app then please visit the App Store for a fere download.