Parcel Leave Terms and Conditions
By agreeing to these terms and conditions, New Zealand Post Limited and its representatives will not be liable for any loss or damage to a parcel left in accordance with the instructions provided.
Parcel Leave is where a recipient provides authorisation for New Zealand Post Limited, Express Couriers Limited (CourierPost and Pace) representatives and delivery agents (“Representatives”) to sign for and leave a parcel without obtaining a signature at the time of delivery, where your parcel would otherwise require a signature.
Parcel Leave will apply only in respect of the parcel detailed and will be cancelled immediately thereafter.
By accepting the Terms and Conditions:
- I confirm that I have authority on behalf of the recipient named on the parcel to give the acknowledgments set out in this authorisation;
- I confirm that the Representatives are authorised to sign for and leave the parcel in the location I have specified;
- I confirm that the location I have specified is weatherproof, out of view of the street, and safe and easy for the Representatives to access;
- I acknowledge that New Zealand Post, CourierPost, Pace and their Representatives will not be liable in any way for any loss or damage to the parcel left in accordance with this authority;
- I acknowledge that the Representatives may at their sole discretion refuse to leave the parcel at the specified location for any reason (including, for example, because the location does not meet the requirements set out), and that New Zealand Post, CourierPost, Pace and their Representatives will not be liable in any way for refusing to leave the parcel in the specified location. Items not left at the specified location will be treated in accordance with usual processes for such items where delivery to the specified address is not possible.
- I confirm that if there is an the existing Authority to Leave for the address specified on the parcel, it is cancelled in respect of this parcel only.
- I confirm that the parcel is not a Prohibited Item.
Note: The authorisation will not apply to items sent from certain senders who are exempt from the Parcel Leave process. In these circumstances a “NO ATL” ticket will be applied and will override any attempt to have the parcel left without obtaining a signature.
Please see the exempt senders list for further detail.
Parcel Leave exempt senders list
The following senders are exempt from the Parcel Leave process, and as such items sent from them can not be signed for and left by the courier:
- Department of Internal Affairs (Passports)
- DHL Global Forwarding (DGF)
- Glengarry Wines
- Hewlett Packard
- Kuehne & Nagel (Nortel Product)
- LicenSys NZ Ltd
- Linfox Logistics ITNZ
- Linfox PML
- Raydar (formerly Alphabet Soup)
- Recall New Zealand
- Registered Post (Domestic) items
- RPG Medicine Management
- Thermomix In NZ Ltd
- Wickcliffe Press Ltd
Please note, the list is subject to change.